As I sit here with my own thoughts the question of routine came to mind and I started weighing up the pros and cons.
I’ve been a stickler for routine especially back in the early days of losing weight I would routinely go to the gym 5 days a week and inevitably this caused arguments with the wife at the time, I look back On It now and I did it out of fear to a degree as I thought missing a few workouts may cause me to put on weight or I would lose motivation.
If I knew back then about the body what I know now I probably would’ve been less routine/obsessed with it and would’ve just gone with the flow.
POSITIVE MINDFUL ROUTINE
Routine is important for some of us in today’s world especially if your goal orientated and know specifically it is your working towards and know the fact failure is imminent and life happens positive mindful routine I believe is beneficial in the following ways.
- Helps grow accountability on the path towards goals
- Brings you a sense of confidence in your goals and its path
- Keeps you focused on a goal no matter the size.
- Builds patience and trust within
Like everything in life there is a right and a wrong way to go about it and that only comes with learning about your goals e.g.
- weight loss – learn about your body ask questions and so
- Financial goals – learn about investing property management etc.
This is just a couple of examples it all revolves around learning what’s involved in your goals in turn it helps bring a more mindful approach to your routine.
NEGATIVE IRRATIONAL ROUTINE
This is the time of routine that I would say typifies me to some extent but not overall, I’ve found this is the misguided routine where you just pursue a goal with very skint knowledge of the path ahead or what it takes but you none the less set a routine in motion and when that routine is broken what happens? WE MANIFEST
- BECOME EMOTIONALLY BLINDED
- ANTI SOCIAL
It can very easily bring about our undoing and deter us from accomplishing the goal we had set out in front of us because the emotional and not logical thinking has taken over and I’ve experienced this a few times I will say.
NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE VALUE OF ROUTINE BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER THE FOLLOWING
- LEARN ABOUT YOUR GOAL INVEST TIME AND RESEARCH IT
- APPLY LOGICAL THINKING AS OPPOSED TO EMOTIONAL i.e mindfulness
- ASSES YOUR ROUTINE REGULARLY
- DON’T FEAR TRIAL AND ERROR UNTIL YOU FIND WHAT WORKS FOR YOU
- ASK YOURSELF THE TOUGH QUESTIONS
- BE PATIENT!!!
- TRUST THE JOURNEY!!!!!
LOVE AND LIGHT